Mr. David Chen
Entrepreneur, Investor, Business leader
Mr. David Chen is a seasoned entrepreneur, investor and business leader focusing on investments and business development in China. He is a hands-on deal execution professional and has helped companies achieve their operating and transaction goals in the US and China. Mr. Chen has also been successful in advising companies on strategy, operations, M&A and fund raising alternatives.
• Investment professional with a focus on China early-stage and cross-border opportunities. Strong believer of being a value-added investor to companies and providing innovative solutions to challenging business problems. Co-founded AngelVest (www.angelvestgroup.com) with the mission of helping individual investors invest in and mentor early-stage companies in China. AngelVest has grown to be one of the largest angel investment groups in China, having provided funding to 16 companies.
• Entrepreneur with large emphasis on strategy and execution. Founded and participated in start-up companies in senior operating and finance roles. Grew businesses from concept to operations – forming teams and executing on business development.
• Investment banking and corporate development professional, with experience at US- and China-based institutions including Salomon Brothers, Hina Group, and Advanced Micro Devices (“AMD”). Notably, led the M&A process for Cirrus Logic’s (Nasdaq: CRUS) acquisition of Caretta IC, and for SkyCross’ acquisition of Shanghai Universe Communications. Led AMD’s microprocessor technology transfer to China’s Ministry of Science and Technology.
• Product developer and engineer of automotive electrical components at Honda Motor Company in Tochigi, Japan and California. Led the development of GPS-based navigation systems for the US market. Worked extensively with automotive suppliers regarding sourcing and product evaluation.
• Lecturer at Peking University regarding entrepreneurship and early-stage investing, and frequent speaker at venture capital and private equity conferences.